Create a Facebook app for your website.
1. Login to your facebook account.
2. Go to the Developers page: https://developers.facebook.com/
If you are not registered as “Developer” yet, you need to click blue button “Register”. Click here to see the Register as a Developer instructions, otherwise proceed to the step #3.
FAQ: Question: Why I can’t create an app on developers.facebook.com/apps ? When I am trying to enter that page it redirects me back to my account?
Answer: Facebook “Business” or “Advertising” accounts can’t manage apps. Only real user accounts are able to create and manage apps. Please login to Facebook as a personal account to be able to create app.
3. Click “My Apps -> Add a New App” menu item.
Fill “App Name”, Contact email, leave “App Namespace” empty, select any category. Agree to policies and click “Create App ID”, solve captcha (if asked), click “Submit”.
Important: Please use our own information.
4. No need to add any products, just click “Settings” on the left.
– Notice App ID and App Secret (Click “Show”, enter your password (if asked)) on this page.
– Fill “Contact email” field (if empty), then click “Add Platform”.
5. Select “Website” in the list.
Enter your full website URL to the “Site URL” field. Enter your domain to the App Domains. Domain should be the same domain as the URL that you have entered to the “Site URL”.
“Important” Please also enter your contact email. You won’t be able to make public posts without entering email.
Click “Save Changes”
6. All Facebook apps are “Sandboxed” by default. All posts will be visible only to Admins, Developers and Testers. You need to take an app “Live” if/when you would like your posts to be seen by everybody.
Click “App Review” on the left. Change “Make APPNAME public?” switch from “No” to “Yes”.
Your App is ready to use.